Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lots of firsts.

Current firsts in the life of Erin:

Today: Somehow managed to squash that damn unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach within the first couple hours I was at school. YES. I have defeated you evil nerves.

Tonight: Managed to have a very enjoyable time with very enjoyable people without said unsettling feeling plaguing me, or existing in the back of my mind. I still win, nerves.

Tomorrow: First day of Winter Quarter classes.

...

Okay fine, you win on that one nerves. 


For informational purposes, however, I will inform you of the classes I plan on taking this quarter! Yay.
Philosophy of the Human Person (PHIL 220) - MWF, 9:20-10:45am - Vinod Acharya
French Language V (FREN 225) - MWF, 10:55-12:20pm - Holly Waddell
Modern Japan (HIST 387) - TTh, 6:00-8:00pm - Yun Xia
Women's Chorale (MUSC 133) - MTWThF/Take over life - Joy Sherman
University Chorale (MUSC 130) - MTWThF/Take over life - Joy Sherman

So that's my schedule for the 2012 Winter Quarter. To be totally honest, I'm actually kind of excited for it, but at the same time I'm pretty nervous (hence the above mention). Not so much for French because I had Holly last term, and not so much for choir(s) because I've been in it every single term of my life (said in a loving way), but for everything else, NERVES.  That's normal though, right? That fear of the unknown? That feeling that you're going to die before you even determine the cause of death? Okay, bad example, but you know what I mean. I'm not really the biggest fan of Philosophy; I took one course last year and basically took one look at the book, said f**k you Plato, and went on Sparknotes. Okay that's an exaggeration, but really what I did do wasn't much different. Let's just say skimming was my friend. Ah well, maybe this class will be different. Either that or I could choose to be different and actually put forth an effort to understand the text, and leave out any cursing the names of the authors. Hmm. Nah, I think I'll just stick to the cursing of the names of the authors - it makes life more fun.

Well jolly people, I must bid thee goodnight in anticipation of my first class tomorrow morning. And also I must start the tedious process of turning my [academic] brain back on. So...goodnight!

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment