Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gratituesday number two: Health. And sleep, sleep is good.

This Tuesday I am grateful for sleep; yes, sleep is good. And health, health is good too. Unfortunately today I am deprived of both of these things, thanks to three midterms (just in this week alone) and an apparently weak immune system. Ah well, such is the life of a college student [who is currently taking a break from the brain-melting book that is Descartes' Meditations].

Regardless, I really am thankful for my health, and for having someplace to sleep that is both warm and safe. I know that there are definitely a lot of people out there who cannot say the same, and that is really very unfortunate. Yes, my body may be out of shape for intense physical exercise (meaning I can no longer run three miles without feeling like my lungs are bitch-slapping my chest cavity...), but it is still healthy enough to allow me to do all of the little things that I love, like sing, walk, (kind of) run (see above), and eat good foods, and that's all I could ask for. I also know that a lot of times we take stuff like this for granted, and that's me included, but if there were any resolutions I made at the start of the new year, they were to stop taking for granted what I have, and to always thank the people who help me and who are there for me. We should all take our own appreciations and use them to help others, to help them in receiving what we are already so used to having, like a shelter or a bed. Anyway, I guess this post isn't going to be very long, I guess  the message that I really wanted to relay out there was just to be thankful for your health, and for your bed. Bed is good.

Now, back to the wonderful world of Meditations. And to face the reality that I have a Philosophy midterm tomorrow morning (so in like 10 hours). Holy shit. Goodnight!

~Erin

P.S. Descartes really needed to get a life. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment